4 Cylinder Engines - M102002, 320i, 318i ≥’85 - 4 Cyl SOHC Engines
|Engine Series||Horsepower||Price||Core Deposit|
|2200 Rally Engine||165 HP||$9995||$1200|
|2100 FI Engine||12 lbs 275 HP||$11,995||$1200|
|2000-2200 Race Engines||12lbs 275HP||$11,995||$1200|
|ITB & Other Race Engines||Call 573-765-1269|
|Add Alternator Bracket:|
2002tii, 320i (80'-83') & 318i
MM 2200 Rally M10 engine
The MM 2200 Rally engine is a very reliable 160hp street/track engine that is modernized with many mechanical improvements. This is general description of the engine.
- 2130cc = bore 92mm x stroke 80mm
- Compression Ratio 10.0:1
- Machine ported for a 22% flow increase over stock
- MM’s patented Surface Turbulence looks like concentric grooving. It is done to the valves and combustion chamber walls. This increases fuel economy, makes for a cleaner running engine and reduces detonation to prevent head cracking.
- New inspected rocker arms
- MM Sport/Rally cam is 290° duration with 10.75mm lift. This cam produces a broad power band and a smooth idle when used with a Weber 38 DGES carburetor.
- MM special dual valve springs prevent valve bounce at high rpm by increasing the seat pressure and prevent valve train wear & rocker arm breakage by lowering the nose pressure.
- Manganese bronze valve guides.
- MM forged 92mm piston is very light but strong at 300g (stock piston is 500g).
- Taper wall piston pin weighs 89g vs 135g stock.
- Moly 1.2mm Compression ring and 3 piece oil rings, for long life and low Oil consumption.
- Rod is a light weight 525g “H” beam design, that is 143mm long (8mm longer than stock).
- Rod and Main bearing are dry film Moly coated.
- New timing chain, oil pump chain, guide, and tensioner rail.
- MM rebuilt and blueprinted oil pump with bronze bore for the pressure relief valve.
- Oil pan baffle has a horizontal baffle to prevent oil starvation under hard cornering.
All clearances in the engine are measured down to .0001” or .01mm and recorded. The engine is fully blue printed.
ALL our Sport & Rally M10 Engines have the following mechanical upgrades —
- Machined and hand ported head with 21% to 24% flow increase.
- Surface Turbulence treatment to the Head reduces detonation, virtually eliminates head cracking, results in greater fuel economy and lower emissions.
- Sport Camshaft that offers good idle and driveability.
- Single Row Timing Chain for increased life and less parasitic loss.
- Rocker Arms: inspected and 30% stronger than stock.
- Lightweight “Bee Hive” Valve Springs & Retainers to reduce Valve Train load.
- Manganese Bronze Valve Guides for tighter valve stem – to guide clearance and extended guide life.
- Moly Top rings and 3 piece Oil Rings for good oil control & long life
- Rally Engines have special Heavy Duty Tri-Metal rod bearings.
- Blue Printed Oil Pump with bronze pressure relief valve sleeve or aluminum body oil pump. For greater oil pump life and improved oil volume.
- Horizontal Oil Baffle in the Oil Pan, to prevent oil starvation under hard cornering.
- Optional Windage Tray/Scrapper Bar for even more oil protection under hard cornering. Strongly recommended for Driver’s Schools. Additional $350
In addition to the above modifications and those included in our Sport & Rally Engines, all our Forced Induction Engines offer the following upgrades.
- S14, 84mm Chrome Moly Forged Steel Crank for the 2200 Forced Induction Engine or the 87mm for the 2300 FI Engine.
- Stronger “H” Beam rods 565 grams have 4 oil squirter grooves located at the big end to cool off the piston and lubricate the piston skirt.
- Special coated tri-metal rod bearings.
- Special Forced Induction Forged Pistons. Ceramically coated Piston Crown is 2mm thicker than in the Sport and Rally Piston.
- High Silicon Content Alloy (13%) for tighter cylinder wall
- clearance, greater ring and groove life, & minimize skirt scuffing.
- Lower placement of the top ring groove to protect the compression ring.
- 4mm oil ring for excellent oil control.
- Over-sized 23.5mm Wrist Pins, 115 grams.
- The oil pump delivers 20% more flow.
- All Forced Induction M10 Blocks are ultrasonically tested and hand selected for cylinder wall strength.